What a Wild World

Go down

What a Wild World

Post  Anime_Amanda_ on Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:45 pm

Fanfic mix of Animal Crossing and Mew Mew. XD

What a Wild World!

Chapter one:/: Arrival

I waited for my cab to come, anxiously glancing at my watch every few seconds. It felt like an eternity had passed in between every glance, when only a mere millisecond or second had passed. My purple and black scarf that was tied around my neck blew around wildly in the wind. I shivered a bit; it was mid December and was getting colder by the day. After a few more glances at my rainbow colored watch, the words the man who had sold me the house echoed in my head.

"You’re human, correct?” I remember the exact words that were exchanged a moment after that also. Mom always does comment that I have a knack for remembering things.

"Of course I’m human.” I said, barely stifling a laugh.

I just want to warn you that here at Fare Town, it’s a lot different.”

“Of course. Your main fruit is apples, while we have cherries.”

"I mean the residents are different... What color roof for your house?”

Slowly as I made my way back into reality, I realized it was snowing. Slowly, I raised my right hand that was clad in a brown, fingerless glove I had bought a few days ago. With my index finger, I knocked off the single flake of snow that was on my nose. I froze up, as I heard the loud engine of a car noisily making its way towards me. I heard it bump its way onto the stone plaza of the Town Hall, that’s what made my heart stop. The driver must be aiming to hit me- why would he drive off the road. I finally whirled around, facing a small car. I think it was a bug, I know for sure it was a deep mix of orange and red.

I noticed the window sliding down and heard an old, croaky voice from the car, “Ma’am, I’m Captain. You’re the one going to Fare Town? Wow, you look like a pale landlubber on a ship! Bhaha! Jump on in I’ll drive you there!”

An hour later, the ride after that had been silent. I watched out my milky blue window as the snow changed into a harsh, icy rain. I noticed my reflection in the window and was taken aback, my frizzy brown hair was neatly in a ponytail, and my laid back face was twisted into a serious stare. I smiled a bit at myself and thought, “Stop being such a worry wart! You’re fourteen, and you can take care of yourself! Remember, every one of your friends left early fall, you left late!” I realized just then I stunk at giving pep talks. Like- really stunk. I slunk back into my seat, but woke up a little when Captain started talking.

“This rain I’m confused why fish aren’t flopping around on the road, aye?”

I felt the corner of my lip lift up a bit, “That would be a funny sight though sir, wouldn’t it?” I was greeted for silence for a few moments then he replied,

"Baha! You’re right! So, you like this rain?”

“No not really… Some people find it calming but I don- why did we stop?”

The car was halted at a fork in the road. "What town are you going to anyways?” Captain asked.

I felt as if I wanted to scream in aggravation. We had been riding for a good hour and a half, and he probably was just circling around so I’d have to pay more money for the ride!

"Fare Town.” I replied. I noticed bit of harshness in my voice, I immediately felt bad and began to talk when the Captain cut me off.

"Looks like this rain is getting a bit slower. Maybe the great sea gods are pleased with us. Bwhaha! So why are you heading to Fare Town, aye?”

“Well, I’m interesting in the beaches. I heard there is a vast variety of fish in the rivers also. Like sharks and bass in the same place! I’m going there to study there.

“Warms my heart to see young people like you studying… Ladies your age only enjoy shopping!”

I almost said in a tired tone that that’s only the A and B popular group of girls but Captain cut me off again, “So, what’s your name?”

"Elizabeth. Call me Lizzy.”

The Captain didn’t reply this time. Maybe he named a fish he almost caught Lizzy then let it go on some great sea expedition? That laugh of his is pretty funny though, I just know my friends and I sound like a heap of pigs snorting when we laugh. I’m cold. I shrugged back into the warmth of the black seats at this thought. I watched the rain and slowly slipped into the unconscious welcome of dream land, even though the bumps of the car were enough to wake up an elephant. It almost felt like an earthquake, but it wasn’t.

I was running around a town filled with apples. Everyone there was bright and cheery; except the occasional two people who stormed away from each other annoyed. I smiled brightly and ran up to a house with a purple roof. It was like a mansion! All to myself, no brothers, no sisters, and no parents yelling at me to clean it up. How perfect! I opened the door and stepped in, falling into an abyss of darkness. I kicked around a bit, but then my eyelids fluttered open.

Captain unlocked my door and I could hear the smile in his voice when he spoke, “Good bye Lizzy. Now don’t worry- I already took your bags out of the taxi cab. They’re outside your door.” Me must of seen my face through the mirror or something because he quickly said, “It stopped raining, don’t worry!”

After I said good bye, I opened the door and was greeted by an unfamiliar sunshine. Grinning, I stepped and turned around to pay Captain through his window. As I passed 100 bells through the window, I bit down on my lip to keep from screaming. An old sea captain wasn’t what I saw, but an old sea captain who was a frog! The cab drove away, leaving me frozen there.

Was I going mad, or is this why Nook asked if I were human?
Anime_Amanda_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What a Wild World

Post  Anime_Amanda_ on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:47 pm

I had to take out all the coding that editor mode had put in, and it took out parts of the story, so I edited. T_T
Anime_Amanda_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby-Doo on Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:34 pm

ANIMAL CROSSING

MEW MEW

C:

One thing: At the beginning, the cap'n says "So you're the one going to Fare Town?" and then he says "So, where are you going?" Maybe he forgot, but I just felt like pointing that out. =3

But I really like it. Continue please~ C:
Scooby-Doo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Anime_Amanda_ on Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:15 pm

Thanks for the point out! I added that in because I just wanted to kinda poke at the fact he was older, and didn't remember that well XD.

Oh thanks! At first I was thinking this would be funny, but I think it's actually coming along well. I've started chapter two at school, so it's on my flashdrive in my binder at the moment. I think it's going to turnj out really cool when I get to the Mew part.
Anime_Amanda_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Anime_Amanda_ on Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:17 am

Chapter 2 /:/ The Grand Entrance

I clutched tightly to my suitcases, frozen still on the stone plaza located outside the Post Office. Captain wasn’t human, but a frog? Well, I was dreaming when I was in the car, could it be that I am still dreaming, so Captain is an elderly man who is still driving the taxi I’m sleeping in? And that this all a dream? That is the only logical explanation! Or… or maybe that’s why Nook asked me if I were a human, maybe everyone in this town are wereanimals! Oh gosh… I’m just scaring myself now. I took a deep breath, trying to ease my mind. My eyes were locked tightly on the welcoming door to the Post Office. Nodding to myself furiously trying to gain some confidence, I grabbed onto the golden doorknob that has a half moon like curve to it on the Post Office door. It glided opened easily to my surprise, and I slowly stepped in.

A silly grin spread over my face slowly, but like butter slipping off of toast it fell. At first I saw the average post office, teller’s desk, a recycle bin, and a little ATM and banking center. The ATM bleeped softly, but other than that the only sound was my deep breaths and the papers began flipped around in the back of the room. I did a complete spin around to observe a bit more, and decided it was just an average run of the mill Post Office that Nook had spoke to me about on the phone. That was my final thought until, well, I saw Pelly sitting at the desk and she was a pelican.

Pelly looked up; her white feathers seemed to stand out amongst the warming chestnut brown color theme of the entire Post Office. She wore a magenta skirt that ended at her… well… I’m not that sure what to call it because she’s not a human. I guess it looked like she had a shorter dress on. A neat little wine and mauve colored, striped apron hung loosely around her waist. Millie looked up at me after five minutes, her beak dropping a bit when she saw me, a human, pale and shaking in my knee high boots that were meant for rainy days.

“Oh, hello there Elizabeth, welcome to our lovely Fare Town, main fruit is apple and our main value is friendship and--- I see you’re a little bored of our silly little motto, should I be quiet? Oh wait, no one told you about becoming an adult after coming to a new far away town, did they?”

I wildly shook my head; I could feel my eyes bulging a little bit.

“Okay dear- first you come to a new town by the same gentle animal who you met, Captain. You learn that you arte going to live in an animal town until you finish all your goals and are ready to move out. Everyone- even your parents, has completed this process and we animals are here to teach you our natural income ways and help you mature!”

“Umm, okay…”

Using her wing, Pelly slipped a rolled up piece of parchment out of the little nook between her glass wall and me. “This is your map, I know you know how to use it you seem smart. Find your house and what not and you’ll be good to go! Oh great my shift has ended!” Pelly walked out from her desk and opened the door for me, letting me leave.

I stood in the cold outdoors. The taxi ride must have taken a while because the sky was now a navy blue color with stripes of mauve. I shivered a bit, clutching the map so tightly my knuckles were going white. The freezing cold of the air blew harshly in my face. Did my parents and everyone older than me I know actually go through the same things I am? If they did why wouldn’t anyone warn about this whole thing! Annoyed, I opened the map and started to walk, following the correct steps.

I was greeted ten minutes later with a wooden door in the face. “Gack!” I stepped back, to see what I had been rudely stopped by. I looked up to see a shack like living abode with a purple roof. I sighed deeply and entered, then feel asleep on the make shift couch in the corner of the room, not even able to walk up the stairs to the bedroom.

~~~~~~~~~

This chapter is very short, so the next one will be quite a bit longer.
Anime_Amanda_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down