Grow Up (12+)(fanfic)

Go down

Grow Up (12+)(fanfic)

Post  Scooby-Doo on Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:56 pm

This is my first real shot at a fanfic. It's a Chibi Vampire/Animal Crossing Fanfic, and it sets place in present day, so there will be modern references like computers, iPhones and stuff, even though none of those things are mentioned in AC. And all of the animals are actually people.

Enjoy~

Last edited by Nat Smiley. on Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scooby-Doo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grow Up (12+)(fanfic)

Post  Scooby-Doo on Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:57 pm

The girl sprinted through the quiet, silent night, passing by trees, signs, buildings. Her bare feet thudded on the pavement, and she simply kept running, even if she did continuously step on pebbles. Her hair flew behind her, and all she could see was ahead, the park entrance. She climbed over the gate, and strode into the park.

She looked around. It was dark, with nobody around. Except for one person, lying asleep on a bench, there was only her. Homeless, possibly—his clothes were rather dirty, and he had a cup full of spare change next to the bench. The girl advanced towards him. She was no longer a girl, though. She was eighteen just now, at twelve midnight.

She could feel something pulsing through her body just as time struck midnight, and the man awoke. She was standing over him, teeth barred, showing off pointed, sharp canines.

“W-what do you want?” he exclaimed, standing up. He backed away from the woman. But she was too fast for him. She flew at him, and quickly sunk her teeth into his throat. Blood poured out of her fangs, splashing down both of them, and staining their clothes. After a good minute, she let him go, and he fell to a motionless lump at her feet. She sighed like someone after drinking a full glass of milk, and looked up at the moon. She licked her blood-coated lips, and a devilish smile crept onto her face.

Though her clothes were stained, her deed was done. She had awoken; she had attempted to inject blood. She grinned, her pointed teeth gleaming in the moonlight, and ran off out of the park, towards the place she had come from. She knew that if the man had remembered the incident, nobody would believe him. Nobody would believe that some eighteen-year-old had come to him at midnight.

Who would believe a story like that?
Scooby-Doo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby-Doo on Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:28 pm

It was a nice, summer day when I stood outside a brick two-story house, waiting for a cab to come. I had a duffel bag with me, and my mother and father were off at the grocery store across town. My sleeping little brother twitched a bit in his lawn chair, and I knew I would miss him terribly. But I had to go. I had to leave for the town of Blueberg, and I had to do it when nobody knew. My brother was fifteen, I was about eighteen. I had told him that I was going off to the video game store to buy him Call of Duty, so he had fallen asleep. My brother was so naïve, and would believe anything.

Just then, a cab pulled up. I picked up my bag, opened the back door of the cab, and got in. I shut the door, threw my bag on the other seat, and buckled up. I slid lower in my seat, in case my parents were driving by. I knew I had to leave, because I knew eventually I’d break their heart, and leave with a sappy speech and good-byes. I didn’t want that, though. I decided to leave in secret. The cab driver said nothing to me, until we were on the interstate, out of the town. I sat up in my seat, and decided to make conversation. He hadn’t even asked me where I was going.

“Where you headin’ to?” he asked, turning momentarily to face me. He was a young adult, not much older than I.

“B-Blueberg,” I stuttered. He was kinda cute, with his spiked hair and shining eyes. I couldn’t get a crush on him; I most likely would never see him again. “You know where that is… right?”

He nodded, and got on the road to Blueberg. I could see a smile on his face—what was so funny about where I was going? Did he know something I did not about that town? I sat back in my seat, and looked out the window. The sun beat down on the cab; I had to shield my eyes with my hand.

“What’s your name?” he asked me. “I’m Jerry. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“Celeste,” I told him. “Celeste Maganti. I haven’t heard ‘Pleasure to meet you’ in a long time.”

“Celeste is a nice name,” he told me, turning his head for a minute to show me his smile. “Why are you heading to Blueberg?”

Is that any of your business? I thought. “Fresh start in life—you know, getting away from my parents, starting on my own.”

“Do you have enough money, you think?” he asked.

What a rude question. “I believe so; I just hope the cost of living isn’t too high. Have you been there before?”

He nodded, and I could plainly see his grin. “Yes, but don’t worry, the cost of living isn’t so high. You don’t have to pay bills, just pay mortgage on your house. You could keep paying it off for a year, and old Tom Nook wouldn’t mind.”

I was astounded. No bills? Pay mortgage whenever? Drive faster, Jerry, drive faster! “Who’s Tom Nook? And why did you giggle earlier when I said I was going to Blueberg?”

His grip tightened a bit on the steering wheel. “Tom Nook is the owner of Nook’s Cranny, the shop. He also builds houses. The Able Sisters work next to him, Sable and Mable, in their shop. And I was laughing because… well, they all are a bit weird. They make animal noises, some of them. They all have catchphrases. It’s a bit odd, you know?”

“That sounds a bit weird,” I told him. “Did you get to meet any of the locals? Can you describe it?”

“I’m not going to give everything away, Celeste,” he said. I could feel him smiling again. He sure was happy a lot. “You’ll have to see for yourself. Why don’t you take a nap, you look tired.”

I leaned my head against the window, and gently shut my eyes. I was excited for Blueberg; it seemed like a nice place to live. I drifted off into a sleep, a dreamless sleep.

When I awoke, rain was pouring hard on the windows, and Jerry was cursing angrily under his breath. I stretched my arms and yawned. I couldn’t see a thing through the rain, no other cars, not even a road. It was a wonder Jerry could see where he was driving. I leaned forward in my seat. “Where are we?”

“Blueberg,” he replied, staring out at what should be the road. “We’re almost at Town Hall… and the rain is starting to let up, too…”

This was where I moved? The land of rain is where I moved? But, indeed, the sheet of rain outside my window thinned. “Is it always this rainy?”

“Not always,” he told me. “When I came here, it was nice and sunny. The city folks were all out and about, having fun, talking to each other. Stuff like that, normal community stuff.”

With every word he said, the rain lessened and lessened. I looked out my window. “Where’s the road? All I see is grass and dirt.”

“There is no road, Celeste, just grass and dirt. And some stone arrangements, outside buildings. Oh good, the rain is almost gone…”

The rain lowered to a simple sprinkle, and I saw how nice things looked. Sure, there were some weeds in town, but there were many orange trees, regular trees, pine trees—it looked like a nice place to live. It would be, I could feel it inside me. Soon, Jerry came to a stop outside a brick building with one of those big clocks on the roof. Outside the building was a bulletin board, with some notices tacked to it.

I got out, and threw my duffel bag onto my shoulder. Jerry rolled down his window as I closed my door. “How much do I owe you?” I asked him. I checked my watch—he had driven me a total of two, maybe three hours.

“A hug and kiss,” he smiled coyly. I rolled my eyes and giggled. “What’s so funny? It’s a serious charge, Celeste. It’s either that or three hundred dollars. Oh, here in Blueberg, their currency is bells. Every five bells is one U.S. dollar, so you should be safe with whatever amount you have.”

I reluctantly kissed him on his cheek, and hugged him awkwardly through the window. I waved and ran into the Town Hall before he could say anything else to me.

The Town Hall was nice on the inside. There was a rug in the doorway, and the walls and floor were brown, floors being wooden. There were two booths, one with a red rug, and one with a green rug. Near the green rug booth, there was a green-and-white container, probably for recycling or something of the like. I walked up to the booth with a red rug in front, and smiled at the white-haired lady. Despite the white hair, she seemed young.

“Hi! I’m Pelly!” she smiled widely at me. “I work here during the daytime, my sister works during nights. How can I assist you?”

“I just moved here,” I told her, doing a little nod for emphasis.

“Oh! Here’s a map of Blueberg,” she said, handing me a map. I pocketed the small map. “Right now you just need to get to your new house. Tom Nook built it, it’s a little small, but it’s right across the bridge, then south, near the beach. Perfect location, in my opinion, but the Town Hall is up north… and me and my sister’s house isn’t too far away…”

“Right,” I nodded. “Thanks!” I tucked my blonde hair behind my ear, and walked out of the Town Hall. I took out the map she had given me. She had it labeled, too. There were three blue houses, a few signs, and a green house. The green house meant my house, the different signs meant different places, and the blue houses meant other residents. So, there were only three blue houses? Only three other families?

I shrugged, and followed the map to my house, which was, indeed, across the stone bridge, then south to the beach. Apparently, Blueberg was an island, which led me wondering as to how Jerry got us here. It appeared there was no way out of Blueberg, looking at the map. I put the map away, and looked at my house. It was brown, with three white windows, and a sky blue roof. There was a red mailbox right outside the rounded door, and there were a few seashells on the beach. There was a message in a bottle, which I ignored, and went inside my small house.
Scooby-Doo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down