Sims 2 - Life in Aridia

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Sims 2 - Life in Aridia

Post  Scooby-Doo on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:06 pm

Out of boredom a couple days ago, I made a Sim me, Elizabeth ____. Let's call her Elizabeth Lee; this isn't mah last name though. =D I would have screenshots and such, but I couldn't be bothered the first generation, and most of the second. XD

Chapter One: A New Beginning

Excited about moving away from Ohio, Elizabeth followed the road to SimCity, and settled in the neighborhood of Aridia. Her house was a simple 2x2 lot, surrounded by trees. She built a nice starter house, and being a cheater, I used Ye Olde Book of Knowledge (downloaded from MTS2) to maximize her skills and flower-arranging talent badge. Something that I won't do with the second gen. DX

Elizabeth was a knowledge sim, and barely a day into the game got 30,000 aspiration points for maximizing all of her skills. Her LTW (LifeTime Want) was to become a Criminal Mastermind (. . .). After furnishing her house I got her a job in the Criminal career as a Pickpocket, and she wanted to paint a masterpiece. I had her start to Paint, and before long the neighbors showed up. [They were NPC's, as no other Sims were living in the neighborhood.]

She greeted them all, as well as a couple who were just passing by the house at the time, and the Gypsy Matchmaker from Nightlife. Barely a few hours into the first day, she had a house full of evil NPC's. Later on, around night, Elizabeth finally had the house to herself, but called a couple of people on the phone to befriend them. She needed as many friends as possible for the level 10 job. Oh, and she went on a $200 blind date with some dude. She ended up having a crush on him, but she couldn't ever call him. ;~; His picture never showed up in "Call... Sim".

Next chapter: The Sources of Income. We find out how Elizabeth got about $24,000 simoleons in just a week!
Scooby-Doo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 2 - Life in Aridia

Post  Cantaloupe on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:09 pm

by way of cheat codes?? XD
Cantaloupe
Misfit

View user profile http://taisaku-maryoku.roflforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby-Doo on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:16 pm

I just cheated to get her skills and gold talent badge, I swear. XD Only a money cheat at the beginning to buy her a fridge. X3
Scooby-Doo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cantaloupe on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:22 pm

feh. i use oodles of cheat codes. XD
Cantaloupe
Misfit

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby-Doo on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:23 pm

If you want to use cheat codes, register at Modthesims2 and download Ye Olde Book of Knowledge. You can maximize your skills by a couple of clicks and get gold talent badges and stuff. X3
Scooby-Doo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cantaloupe on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:35 pm

I mostly just download people.

I don't really do much in-game besides make people. XD
Cantaloupe
Misfit

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby-Doo on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:41 pm

I just play to make families go on as long as I can.

Apparently this one guy made a neighborhood with 200 sims in it. XD
Scooby-Doo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cantaloupe on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:42 pm

Dang. No life much?
Cantaloupe
Misfit

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby-Doo on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:47 pm

I was wondering how he got so many sims in one neighborhood, and I suspected her spent all of his time on the computer. xD

But then his game crashed and he had to reinstall. xDDD
Scooby-Doo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sere on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:49 pm

I love making different families, then playing them to the point of having excess stuff and having absolutely boring lives. Very Happy
I can't wait till sims 3, sims 2 got boring..
Sere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cantaloupe on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:49 pm

yeah, go figure, it's a really slow game.

I hope TS3 is faster. >.<U
Cantaloupe
Misfit

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby-Doo on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:52 pm

Chapter Two: The Sources of Income

Because of cheating, Beth got promoted quickly, bringing in an updated salary and bonus every day or two. It was hard to keep her friends as friends, and even with Best Friends and BFF from FreeTime, it was difficult. Also, with the free computer from Mr. Humble (another thing from FreeTime), she started to write novels. Her first one was Hairy Plotter, and her second one described the horrors of 4Kids. Also, if she got the want to paint a masterpiece, I let her. With about 3-4,000 a novel, promotions in her career, and a couple of masterpieces, she got a lot of money within a week. Even I was surprised; I hadn't been watching her funds. I decided, for more money, to open a flower store on the other side of Aridia.

I had her purchase a 2x2 lot with Real Estate, and Beth built a nice flower shop with an "Employees Only" room to make the flowers and stuff. She had a want to hire Brandi LeTurmeau (SP?) and Benjamin Long. Elizabeth hired them, set up shop, and watched the customers come in. Unfortunately, I got bored with it rather quickly, but I did get one thing out of it: Elizabeth had two bolts of chemistry with the blond Benjamin Long, her employee, and the nice man who had welcomed her into the neighborhood.

After flirting with him a little and getting crushes on each other (<3), Elizabeth sent her employees home and went home herself, via a taxi.

Coming up next: Getting a Boyfriend! <3
Scooby-Doo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby-Doo on Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:36 pm

Chapter Three: Partering up
Part One: Why did she marry him so late? ><

In all my past experiences, if you move in a townie adult, they start as 29 days until an elder. I purposely played Beth until she had fourteen days as an adult left, making sure to live life to the fullest and get as many aspiration points as possible. After aging fifteen days, after six P.M., she invited over Benjamin, for they were already in love. Now, most people think it's insane to marry someone, namely a townie, so late into the game. Those people are stupid and obviously don't have the Elixir of Life.

One drink of Elixir = Gained three days.
Five Elixir drinks in one Elixir container = Gained fifteen days.

She had gold aspiration, so she was safe, and Beth drank all of her Elixir after Benjamin arrived. After drinking her Elixir and moving him in (OSHI- six thousand added to the funds. :D) they were both 29 days to be an elder and Beth was one promotion away from being a Criminal Mastermind. The two moved out of Beth's tiny country cottage (less than that, even, about five small rooms. ;-;) and into a new house, a Maxis-made one that comes with Seasons. I don't know the name of it but dewd, it was like my, and Beth's, dream house. <3
Scooby-Doo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby-Doo on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:06 pm

Part Two: Preparing for a Family

The house is wonderful; a nice, big bathroom, indoor pool, a back porch, a pond for fishing, a big hallway upstairs, and a nicely-sized kitchen. I just love it. :D I furnished the hallway as an office-type-thing, with a piano and a violin. The small bedroom has a crib in it, and the toddler skill-building toys. I put a changing table in the hallway as well, and a flower-making bench in the hallway. In the master bedroom, I have a double-bed, two end tables, a dresser, a bureau, and a couple of Snapdragon Boquets.

The bathroom was already furnished.

I went for a country-style with the kitchen; country counters, country stove, and the appliances from FreeTime. In the pool room, I made the pool larger and added a slide and diving board, and an extra ladder. Beside the pool, I added two two-seater sofas and an $8,000 TV. Yes, I used motherlode, but they're about to have a family. :3

For the back porch I added six speakers, a grill, two tables, and two seats a table. The house was complete. Using the quadruplets/twins hack I changed the birth odds of Elizabeth to about 49% for twins, because I like want Elizabeth to have twins.

Once all of the preparations were complete, the "Lee" family had started.
Scooby-Doo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CherrySama on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:21 pm

I like it so far. XD

I use cheats alot, but I don't really download stuff though... since I'm an idiot and haven't really figured it out yet. ^^; XD I love to build houses though, and I don't make them go after their life time want unless it's something that follows their storyline. X3
CherrySama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby-Doo on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:25 pm

I make them go after their lifetime want because I want their memories and aspiration meters full. I want to keep playing the family as long as I can.

RIGHT NOW, in the game, her children are born and stuff, and she's had two bad memories in her (total played) thirty-day lifetime: a fire, and getting married to Benjamin... :o
Scooby-Doo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CherrySama on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:26 pm

I don't really care how long they live. That's not the meaing of like too me. XD It's just living your life to the fullest, so it doesn't really matter when they die, if they had kids, they could continue their family....
CherrySama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby-Doo on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:28 pm

I want them to live life to the fullest, meaning having kids and probably living to be grandkids. :D
Scooby-Doo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CherrySama on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:30 pm

Well, still though. XD I don't always fulfill their greatest wants. Partically I do towns with different themes/time periods and stuff like that. ><
CherrySama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cantaloupe on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:39 pm

I like killing them. :)
Cantaloupe
Misfit

Back to top Go down

Post  CherrySama on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:42 pm

Yeah, it is kinda fun. X3 But I like to let them live. <3
CherrySama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cantaloupe on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:44 pm

I like killing them :)
Cantaloupe
Misfit

Back to top Go down

Post  CherrySama on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:46 pm

LET 'EM LIVE. DX
CherrySama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cantaloupe on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:47 pm

I let my Haruhi sims live.

oddly, I never got around to making Koizumi.

My person might commit suicide or something. XD
Cantaloupe
Misfit

Back to top Go down

Post  CherrySama on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:51 pm

DX...
CherrySama

View user profile

Back to top Go down