All in a day's work.

Go down

All in a day's work.

Post  Scooby-Doo on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:06 am

I found this somewhere, and I thought I'd continue it. Here are the first few chapters that I have. XD

p r o l o g u e

Yuri looked out the plane's window, heaving a great sigh. She closed her eyes, deep in thought about what London would bring. Yuri was a writer--a talented once, at that--and had just finished the manuscript to a novel that took two years to write: Girls can be Boys. Her agent had told her to go to London to try and get it published. Her agent never said he wasn't going with her--neither did her family.

Yuri had chosen the path of an author instead of staying in Kentucky with her family. She grew up with older twin sisters, an older brother, and a little brother. The twins, Takara and Tamiko, were already twenty-six and in their own band with Yuri's brother, Yuudai. The littlest, aged seventeen, would join on his eighteenth birthday. But Yuri was different--she aspired to be an author, not some crazed person playing guitars to a million screaming fans whilst wearing leather pants. Somehow, no-one seemed to see Yuri in any exciting career--she was always the quiet one in the family.

"We will reach our destination in five minutes," said the flight attendant in a falsely kind voice. Yuri opened her eyes and heaved another sigh. She wasn't, in any way, like her brothers and sisters. She was nervous, titchy, shy, and quiet. They were all outgoing, courageous, and everything Yuri wasn't. She actually liked being the "outlaw" of the family. She wanted to make a different impression on the public than spandex pants and yelling until you get health issues. The plane dipped down towards an airport, and Yuri's stomach was filled with anxiety knots.

'This is it,' Yuri thought as the plane touched ground at the England International Airport. 'Here goes nothing.'
Scooby-Doo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: All in a day's work.

Post  CherrySama on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:08 am

XD JK Rowling much? =3
CherrySama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby-Doo on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:10 am

uh, possibly? XD

London was the first thing to come into my head at the time. =3

c h a p t e r : o n e

"Ms. Hayashi?"

Yuri looked up from her desk, setting the stack of papers down. There was a tall man in a suit standing in the doorway. He gave no smile, or any emotion at that. "Ms. Hayashi, you have a visitor."

Yuri gave an inaudible groan and looked up at the man. "Who is it?" she asked. She didn't remember any appointments for the day except for someone from the publishing company nearby.

"It's a woman..." James trailed off, obviously thinking about how big this woman's boobs were. Yuri asked who the woman was, but James said the lady would not give a name. "She says she needs to talk to you."

"I don't know her," Yuri said, clacking keys on her computer with her short, bitten nails. "Tell her to give me a name or make an appointment. I'm busy, and I just don't let people barge into my home office randomly."

There was a moment when James disappeared, and he came back moments later. "She says no," James said. "She says to keep her identity a secret."

"Well then," Yuri said, leaning over her desk. "Tell the chick to make an appointment or leave. I'm a busy person. How does she even know where I live?"

James sighed and left the room, closing the door behind him. Yuri rolled her eyes, put some papers in a filing cabinet against the wall, and started clacking away on her keyboard again. Yuri had been in London a year--and all the knots in her stomach from the plane ride had disappeared.

In the year, she had published and sold her novel. She was now meeting with a worker from Britain Publishing Co. to discuss her new book, The Queen of Clique Bee. Yuri wasn't very satisfied with the title, but she liked the storyline and plot anyhow. Another knock sounded on the oak door of her home office, which was just a room seperated from her house. It held a desk, a computer, a chair, a few bookcases, etcetera etcetera. Yuri looked up and saw a small, chubby woman with curly brown hair and black winged glasses.

"Ms. Hayashi?" she said, extending her arm as Yuri stood up. Yuri shook the woman's hand, a smile on both of their faces. "I saw someone outside, is she--"

Yuri cut her off. "I don't know her, and I don't feel like dealing with her at the moment. Now, let's get started on my story..."
Scooby-Doo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby-Doo on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:11 am

c h a p t e r : t w o

After a two-hour discussion on the grammar and sentence structure, plotline and characters, and the book itself on Yuri's manuscript, Mrs. Jonson stood up. "Remember, Janes Jonson, there's no h, Britain Publishing Co., PO Box 2778..."

Yuri had to try to stifle a giggle. She failed, but succeeded in turning it into a cough. It seemed as though Mrs. Jonson had this information implanted in her brain permanently--either that or she kept repeating it to try to implant it in both of their brains. After another five minutes trying to get Mrs. Jonson out the door, Yuri grabbed her car keys and locked the office door. She smelled the fresh spring air and crossed the newly-mowed lawn. She stepped into a rickety old station wagon and clanked off to a KFC. She occasionally went to a KFC for dinner, because it reminded her of home. She switched on the radio in her horribly uncool car and--what do you know--The Japan Sibs came on. Yuri heard her twins singing something. Tamiko's happy and peppy voice sand out clearly, even though the car radio sucked.

The Death on Wheels pulled into the Kentucky Fried Chicken parking lot.

Yuri walked into the KFC, ordered some wings, and sat down at a booth. And, in a table not far away, sat a woman figure wearing big black sunglasses and holding a newspaper above her face. Yuri didn't notice her.
Scooby-Doo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby-Doo on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:27 am

c h a p t e r : t h r e e
p a r t : t w o

After eating her boneless wings, Yuri stood up, soda in hand. She started walking to the door when there was a coughing fit behind her. She turned around to see the woman, now totally cough-free. When Yuri turned around to the glass doors, however, her expression changed immediately to horror. There was a man wearing a ninja outfit, breaking her car door's window. She ran out, but by the time she had gotten there, the man was driving away, cackling like mad. Yuri yelled. She swore. A woman with a ten-year-old daughter tried rushing her into the KFC, but the girl looked at Yuri with big, silent eyes. They seemed to have a glint of red before the girl was dragged into the restaurant. Then, the mysterious lady came out.

"Would you like a ride?" she asked, face still concealed by hat and sunglasses. "I just saw your poor car get stolen."

Yuri rubbed her head. "Sure, just as long as you're not a man who's going to rape me."

The woman took off her sunglasses and hat, revealing her crystal blue eyes. Yuri apologized immediately, and the two got into the black sports car. Yuri got in the back, buckled her seatbelt, and the woman started to drive. "Who are you anyway?" Yuri asked as the lady pressed the GPS screen--Yuri stared in disbelief as it turned into a radar with three black dots on them--one was moving.

"That's not important now. But I know who you are," said the woman, turning onto 5th Avenue.

"You do?" asked Yuri.

"Yes. Yuri Hayashi, 22, resident of 2965 Harper Court, author of Girls can be Boys, Pre-Agent--"

"Pre-Agent?" Yuri interrupted. "What do you mean?"

"Yuri Aoi Hayashi, you've been chosen to study at the International School of Spies. Congratulations, Yuri. You're one of the lucky five in the world we've chosen."
Scooby-Doo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down